Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Staying Busy

Being that I don't really know who read this anymore (or who pretty much gave up on this blog besides us) I will go ahead and give a brief update. Everything is going well at the moment. Jason has several new brews at the store as well as a new Facebook page to keep us all updated. He had been talking about purchasing the old KFC in West Frankfort, but that fell through due to the amount they were asking. Apparently there isn't much liquor in West Frankfort to go around and due to conflicts in race, the Frankfortians are wanting Jason to extend his business in the area. So, it was discussed but now he's just keeping up with the current business.
I have started working at Franklin Williamson Human Services in Marion (The H Group) as a substance abuse graduate assistant. I work with Methamphetamine addicts and I actually don't mind going. They are pretty laid back and they look like you and me. I half expected to see a room full of "meth mouths" but everyone has their chompers for the time being. There are occasional internal health problems but I hope it works out for those individuals. I'm not sure how long I will be there due to the current IL budget situations (ARGH) but hopefully something will work out so that I can stay. For now, I will being employed until at least September 31.
Other than that, we stay busy. Oh, I did get into a fender bender on July 29th. I stupidily rear ended someone and caused their hitch to punch a hole into my beloved Jeep. The radiator was pretty tore up and antifreeze was leaking everywhere. I wasn't able to put the car into park nor could I turn it off. So needless to say my car is in bad shape and there is no word on when I'm going to get back. Right now I'm driving a Dodge Caliber as a rental. I didn't get a ticket, thank goodness but it was irritating for something like that to happen.
Let's see...all I can think about right now is school starting in two weeks (I have one more school year until I graduate), the multiple birthdays coming up, travel (always) and just life in general.
I spontaneously decided yesterday that our living room needed to be moved around a bit and during my mindset, I allowed Jason to purchase us a new flatscreen tv. We don't have it yet, but our current television is just too big for our little living room. I bet he would like it if I had those mindsets more often.
That's all I got right now. If it weren't 'For the Love of Cooking' blog that I like to steal recipes from, we probably would ditch this whole blog thing.

No comments: